Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sketching Mountain Goats

Mountain Goat Sketch while
Hiking in British Columbia
Mountain Goat Watercolour
Sketch while Hiking in British
Columbia
My hiking friend, Margret summed up a recent hiking trek when her son came to pick her up after the trip. "Luke, we've just been to Paradise and back." My feelings exactly!
Sketching on location creates an emotional high for me. I strive to capture the essence of my experience in my paintings and sometimes that requires being prepared for those special moments. Sketching this male goat was accomplished by being prepared the night before and waiting for a sighting in the early morning at 5:30. It was chilly but worth every bit of discomfort!

1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What wonderful sketches, Eileen - it must have been heavenly out there!