Thursday, March 28, 2013

Quilting Collaboration: Patty Bowers and Eileen Gidman


Patty Bower's Prickly Pear Wallhanging

When Patty Bower's showed me this wallhanging she is working on with one of my fabric paintings, tears came to my eyes. I was a registered nurse for 20 years and really loved working as a team. Often an artist works in isolation, so this collaboration of Patty's work and my work, absolutely delights me. This is also a collaboration across countries as Patty lives in Oregon and Arizona and I am from British Columbia.
Working creatively with someone can bring out things you would never think of on your own. Thank you Patty.

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This piece is just stunning, Eileen and I love, love, love the colour combination!

Laura Leeder said...

Eileen, this piece is just terrific!
Congratulations to you and Patti!