Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Winner of the Handpainted Fat Quarter

'The Tulips Are Coming'
hand dye painted cotton
by Eileen Gidman
The winner of the Feb 15th draw for one of my hand dye painted fat quarters is Gill Watson from Glucester, UK. Congratulations Gill. As spring is around the corner, I thought a tulip image would be appropriate. Enjoy your new panel Gill and we would love to see a photo of what you make with it.
 
Thank you to everyone that participated. Click here to see what other quilters have done with their panels NEWSLETTER . Be sure to watch for future free giveaways. One of the easiest ways is to sign up for automatic updates of my blog on the upper left corner of this page or some people choose to follow me through Facebook by liking  my Watercolour and Textile Page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eileen-Gidman-Watercolour-and-Textile-Artist/310557619037972?ref=hl
 
For those of you that are looking for something special, I can create a panel based on a photo you provide or as in the case below by a description. Kim who commissioned the piece, talked of missing hearing the sounds of rushing water and the crunch of leaves as she walked along the river bank where she lived before. She also wanted the image to include a covered bridge and fall colours. I believe Kim will be completing this panel by adding pieced borders which I am looking forward to seeing.

To have a work of art just for you, email me at egidman@kootenay.com . 
 
Commissioned Covered Bridge with Fall Colours
hand dye painted cotton panel
18 X 24"
by Eileen Gidman
 

1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That lovely fat quarter of tulips will bring on spring, surely! Lucky, lucky Gill Watson!