Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Painting Flowers on Cotton Fabric

What a delight it was to paint these floral pieces for another quilter. She has her own talents which includes her tremendous skill of thread painting. Her portraits of people's favorite pets are exquisite. She will be showing our guild sometime how she accomplishes this and with her permission I will post about it.  


Lupines. This pieces is approximately 14 X 14"
Hand painted using fiber reactive Procion dyes which results in washable cotton suitable for quilting.
 The following smaller four floral blocks were painted using the colours in the Lupine floral. People often ask me about the black line I use. It is created using thickened black dye that is placed in a squeeze bottle with a nib which I use for drawing.
Daisy Family

Hibiscus

Daffodil

Stargazer Lily
I wonder how this quilt top is going to be put together. Will there be pieced blocks in between? We will just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

These are lovely, Eileen, and I'm excited to see what your friend will do with them (as well as some thread painting).