Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Creston Valley Quilters Guild Show

If you are anywhere near Creston, BC, there is a Quilt Show on Friday and Saturday, April 17 & 18 that you won't want to miss. Cut-throat Challenge, I'm looking forward to finding out what that is. There will be a 'Vendor Mall' where I will be having a free draw and also be showcasing my new line of greeting cards with glass handmade buttons. Hope to see you there.


What's involved in being a vendor? Well there is lots of preparation beyond making the items for sale. Here is a peak at a few things being done this week.
Measuring and pricing new hand painted fabrics.
 
Getting my spouse to find the items need for the display booth. Not easy since the move.

Packaging and labeling. Oh yes, and of course you always run out of labels so there is stopping to run upstairs from the studio to print more labels.

Designing display stands. These are really cute as they are from my antique treadle machine.
 
Boxing the items ready to be transported to the Rec Center.

Organizing items for ease of the customers.
 
Pressing and hanging the hand painted panels. For the show's two days there is a very special market price for the original paintings on fabric.
 
My new greeting card line with my drawn designs and artisan buttons.

  
Frameable textile cards will be available at a special market price. Customers find they make a great gift and card in one.


A selection of mug rugs will be available for sale or pick a hand painted piece of fabric and have me design a mini quilt/mugrug for you. They are great gifts for mailing.
 
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter and enter the free draw for a selection of artisan made items.

3 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm excited to be able to attend the show and sale, Eileen, knowing how much work goes into each venue you attend with your wonderful goods. The prep alone is staggering, but the results are certainly worth it!

HollyM said...

Wow, what a lot of work you have done! It looks beautiful!

Laura Leeder said...

I hope to make it home in time to visit you at the show. I'm excited to see all the colorful new fabrics and cards you've been creating! Have fun!